Peeling skin can be a common phenomenon of our body when one of the skin layer – the outer layer or epidermis gets old and then is replaced by new skin. Peeling skin is normally backed by dryness, rash, skin irritation and itching. This may appear on some body parts or even the entire body.
What brings peeling skin?
For people with dry skin, peeling skin is a common experience. It can cause skin scale, inflammation along with irritation and itching.
When the skin is overexposed to the sun for a long time, the harmful UV rays can damage the outer layer then lead to excessive peeling on some body parts like face, back, fingers.
The following is a summary of popular causes to peeling skin:
- Some extreme weather conditions such as: cool weather with low humidity, harsh central heating
- Direct contact with the sun ray for a long time
- Some skin irritations: it might happen you get allergic to detergents or some types of fabrics
- Weak immune system
- Side effects of chemicals or medications
- Some certain types of cancer
Here are the seven natural beauty tips for peeling skin.
Aloe vera is a must-try remedy for peeling skin. Coming first in this list is aloe vera. Some moisturizing and soothing properties found in aloe vera help remove peeling skin. Irritation, inflammation and itching can also be reduced by using aloe vera.
How to use?
- Extract 2 teaspoons of aloe vera gel and mix them with some vitamin E oil
- Apply the blend on the skin peeled
- Keep it until the mixture dries, then use warm water to wash it off
- Do it again for two for three times a day for at least one week
Skin-nourishing acids contained in olive oil can provide great moisturizer for dry skin. Added that, vitamin E in in olive oil can beat the radicals which is a cause of skin aging.
How to use?
- Heat up some olive oil. Then slightly apply the warm olive oil on the affected skin and gently massage it for the skin to absorb the oil. Repeat the method three times a day until the situation gets improved.
- Or you can blend two teaspoons of salt with olive oil to make a thick paste. Then use this paste to eliminate the dead skin cells. Apply this twice a week until you see improvement.
3.Lemon and sugar scrub
One simple and common fruit in our house can help you remove dead skin cells which is lemon. The soothing and healing properties found in it can speed up the healing process. Use lemon with olive oil, honey and sugar scrub to benefit mostly from this natural method. Here is the guideline:
- Prepare ½ cup of sugar, ½ lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of honey and olive oil and mix them up
- Put the mixture to our skin and gently massage it for a few minutes
- Keep it for a few minutes then wash it off with water
- Do it again 2-3 times a day for a few weeks until the peeling skin is removed
Cucumber is rich in water and vitamin C can moisten the dry skin, help eliminate skin irritation and itching, reduce sunburn and ease the skin heal.
- Slice one cucumber into small pieces then put the paste on the needed skin. Let it there for 15-20 minutes then clean the skin with warm water. Apply this method twice a day for 1-2 weeks to maintain the moisture for your skin
- Grind some slices of peeled cucumber and mix it with 2 teaspoon of aloe vera gel to create a smooth paste. Put this mixture on the peeling skin for 10 minutes, then wash itit off with warm water. Try to do it daily until the peeling skin gets away.
Mint is a great way to moisturize skin, helps it rejuvenate and remain refreshed.
How to use:
- Grind some mint leaves to take the juice
- Apply the juice on the needed skin and do some massage before sleeping
- Clean the skin with warm water and dry it off in the next morning
- Repeat the remedy daily until your skin gets healthy
The protein and lactic acid found in milk help milk work as a natural moisturizer for skin. Added that, milk can facilitate the skin irritation reduction and itching.
- Dip a washcloth in ice-cold milk and squeeze it to excess milk. Put that warm washcloth on the affected skin for about 10 minutes. Then wash the skin with warm water. Perform this method 2-3 times a day until your skin gets improvement.
- Blend 2 teaspoons of whole milk with 1 teaspoon of honey. Rub this mixture on the needed skin and do some massage slightly. Leave it for 10 minutes, then rinse it off with warm water. Apply twice a day for about 1 week.
7.Warm water soak
Interestingly, warm water – a very easy-to-prepare method can also help you treat peeling skin. You just need to prepare some warm water and soak the affected area for about 10 minutes a day. Apply this daily you can soon see the huge benefit.
Some recommendations for skin care:
- Drink at least 2 liters of water daily to keep the moisture for your body
- Rub some sunscreen with proper SPF before going out
- Use mild soap when bathing
- Clean your face carefully before and after using any home remedy
- Do not use too hot water when you get peeling skin
- Do not use peeling chemicals, if you get pregnant
- Do not apply a chemical treatment for peeling skin before asking physician
- Do not overexpose yourself to sunray or pollutants.
- Do not try to pull the peeling areas
About the Author:
This article is written by Ashley Bennet, a senior-contributor of AuthorityRemedies. She has worked and trained in the field of Nutrition and Health for over 3 years, consistently providing people with useful information about nutrition as well as helping them with their common health problems